Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A busy busy weeks of school. Actually the following few weeks will be busy. AP testing just across the weekend and down two days. Tests and insane amount of homework. But I live on the thoughts of Senior Ball and by watching the hummingbirds and finches who come to our deck to feast on sugar water and seeds, respectively.

A random doodle in my sketchbook resulted in a more finished picture than usual. I don't really know what's going on there, everything just appeared. All I can say is that he is a fisherman and they are probably peasants, maybe not too bad off but still peasants. I wasn't going for anything specific but I would say they're European, something Slavic or Scandinavian.

gouache

My picture is probably partially inspired by my outing this weekend when I went to watch The Mill and The Cross by Lech Majewski inspired by a book of the same name by Michael Gibson. In this movie Peter Bruegel's The Way to Calvary is brought to life. "Out of the five hundred plus  figures swarming over Bruegel's canvas, Gibson, together with Majewski, selected a dozen characters whose life stories unfold and intertwine." It is a very well done and beautifully shot movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment